Support for carersLast Updated: Tuesday, 29 August 2023
‘A carer is anyone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support’
How we can help carers
It is important for you and the person you care for that you tell us about your caring responsibilities.
We can :-
- support you with any physical health issues related to your caring role, like tiredness
- make you aware of the carer’s flu vaccination each year
- talk to you about your mental health and the impact of your caring role
- provide you with general information and advice
- refer you to helpful organisations and services that can improve your caring situation
- give you flexible appointments at times that suit you
- refer you for a Carer’s Break payment if your caring role is impacting your health, potentially meaning you can take a break.
Sefton Carers Centre
Sefton Carers Centre has launched a new helpline for unpaid carers to get support and advice. The new number, 0151 288 6086, is available for use now and will work alongside the centre’s existing methods of contact.
The helpline is open Monday to Friday, between 10am and 3pm, with the option for an evening call back for carers who are busy during the day. Carers can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sefton Carers Centre is a local charity that provides invaluable free advice and guidance to unpaid carers across the borough of Sefton. This includes welfare benefits advice, carer’s assessments and specialist young carer and parent carer teams, as well as local information in relation to the current crisis.
A carer is anyone who cares, unpaid (including those who are in receipt of carers allowance), for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot manage without their support.
For information about all of the free support services that Sefton Carers Centre provides visit their website: www.sefton-carers.org.uk or call the main reception on 0151 288 6060, Monday - Friday (9am – 4.30pm).
Sefton Carers Centre is a registered charity in England and Wales No. 312443.
Once you identify yourself as a carer the practice will contact you annually to offer flu vaccine and bring your attn to any new local support services available.
Private Fostering Arrangements
Notifying the Local Authority of a Private Fostering Arrangement
Read more information here
Private fostering carers pack
Private fostering parents pack
Private fostering young person pack
More information on the briefing can be read here