Sick/Fit notes if you are isolating or have COVID 


Coronavirus in numbers 


A letter to our patients 20.07.2020


ADVICE & LINKS UPDATE 06.07.2020-08.07.2020 

FAQ's and advice following GOV change 06.07.2020


25.6.2020 Latest patient info here

At Risk patient information

GP's will not be issuing sick notes for self-isolation or social distancing at present.

Please select the following links for more information.

You will be able to self-certify using this link:

Social distancing advice:

Guidance on shielding those who are extremely vunerable:


A letter from the GP Partners 

Self isolation advice 

By law, medical evidence is not required for the first 7 days of sickness. After 7 days, it is for the employer to determine what evidence they require, if any, from the employee. This does not need to be a fit note (Med 3 form) issued by a GP or other doctor.

The advice on the Covid-19 Guidance for Employers page strongly suggests that employers use their discretion around the need for medical evidence for a period of absence where an employee is advised to stay at home in accordance with the public health advice being issued by the government.

Timeline for isolation 



A self-isolation note is now available by going to the following web page:


If you need to seek medical advice

Seek prompt medical attention if your illness is worsening. If it’s not an emergency, contact NHS 111 online at If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. If it is an emergency and you need to call an ambulance, dial 999 and inform the call handler or operator that you have coronavirus (COVID-19).

All routine medical and dental appointments should usually be cancelled whilst you are sick and staying at home. If you are concerned or have been asked to attend in person within the period you are home isolating, discuss this with your medical contact first (e.g. your GP, local hospital or outpatient service), using the number they have provided. If your concerns are related to COVID-19 contact NHS 111 online at If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111.


For full guidance, please click on the link below: