*Extra clinics added at lunchtime the week of 28.9.2020 - please call us to book these appts*
Due to social distancing measures required we will be running flu clinics differently this year - Please read our flu newsletter for more information
If you are eligible , and would like to book an appointment for a flu vaccination, please see on line booking availability from 1.9.2020 or contact our reception team between 12-5.00pm the week of 1.9.2020.
If you are eligible, but do not wish to have the vaccine please let us know via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01704 501500.
If you have a family member who is housebound (excl nursing/care home residents) please ensure you contact the practice to add their name to our housebound list. Please note patients who are housebound in their own home will be vaccinated towards the end of October. If a family member/friend can bring the usually housebound patient in, the surgery will do their best to accommodate a suitable time for the person bringing the patient to an appointment.
If you are in the 50-64 newly eligible cohort, please read our flu newsletter for further advice.
As in previous years non school age children (children aged 2 and 3 on 31 August 2020) will be able to have the nasal flu spray here at the practice and we now have the stock in for this - please contact the practice to make an appointment
Once you have an appt please follow instructions below ;
- Do not attend if you or any members of your household have symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been told to isolate. Contact us the following week and we will rebook you when you are able to leave isolation.
- Attend on your own unless you need help in mobilising.
- Walk to the practice if you are able to. The only car parking at the practice will be for blue badge holders. If you do need to drive, please be considerate of our neighbours if you park in the local area. If someone is driving you down, there will be drop off and pick up areas, but there will be no waiting areas.
- Do not arrive early or late for your appointment time: we have allocated a strict number of patients per period to ensure that people are queueing for the minimum of time and social distancing is maintained.
- Please wear a face covering. If you are exempt from wearing a mask, please be prepared to provide evidence of this.
- We encourage you not to touch anything in the practice. Bring your own hand sanitiser to use should you wish to.
- Please follow the instructions for queueing. The queue will be controlled to ensure social distancing. If you are in a wheelchair or have very limited mobility, please make yourself known to the queue marshall
- If it is raining on the day, please come prepared with an umbrella as the queue will be outside for a short period of time.
- There will be no chairs available to sit while waiting, and you will not be able to sit whilst having the vaccination (for infection control). If you think you will struggle with this, please speak to the queue marshall on arrival.
- Wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper arm. The vaccinations will be given in the doorways of the rooms to comply with infection control.
- Please heed the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow – they are there for your safety.