Practice Plan to Meet GMS / PMS 2015-16 Contractual Requirement for Patient Online Service
GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
How to sign-up
For more information, please contact reception or next time you visit the surgery, bring with you a piece of photo ID (passport, driving licence) and something with your address on like a bank statement but not a gas or electric bill. If you don’t have these, please talk to us and we will help you sign-up
You can also complete an electronic version of the online services access form, but you will need to bring photo ID , along with the completed form, to our reception before access will be granted On line access
Current online patient services
This practice plans to offer the facility for patients to view online, export or print detailed coded information held in their own records by 31/03/2016.
These dates are subject to the necessary NHS GP systems and software being available to the practice.
This practice currently offers the facility for patients:
- To book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments online
- To order online, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for drugs, medicines or appliances
- To view online, export or print summary information from their record, relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions and immunisations.
We will publicise and promote our online services to our practice’s patients through the practice website, practice waiting room leaflets, posters and the Patient Participation Group by 31/03/2016.